Vice President, Supply Chain
- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego
Are you excited by the idea of establishing an inspired vision, providing a clear path to achieve it and demonstrating the inter-personal skills to build a team to make it happen? Do you enjoy leading a supply chain team through challenges with sound coaching and data analytics? Do you understand and revel in the intricate mechanics of a well-oiled (pun intended) supply chain? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you to lead the Americas supply chain team.
In this role, you will utilize your strong leadership skills and passion for storytelling through the power of data.
What You'll Be Doing
This position is responsible for the leadership, vision, strategy, goals and operating results of the Americas supply chain team. It will have direct responsibility for sourcing, production, distribution, logistics and service supporting America sales worth approximately $250M annually.
- Formulates short and long-term vision, strategies, plans and initiatives for the Americas team to achieve objectives. Communicates the above internally and externally to all necessary people and organizations. Key contributor to construction of global mission, vision and values for company worldwide. Ensures comprehension and adaption of these ideals across Americas’ tribe members. Leads the global Supply Chain teams in developing and refining the global supply chain strategy and resulting plans and initiatives.
- Leads the Americas Supply Chain Team to develop plans, policies and programs to support Americas required results including EBITDA, maintenance and growth of brand equities and development of new trade channels and business opportunities.
- Lead the creation of Supply Chain strategies, methods, supplier relationships, etc. designed to support WD-40 Company E-commerce objectives, resulting in customer/brand growth and optimized operating costs. Responsible for the synthesis and incorporation of these strategies and initiatives into the annual supply chain plan and goals.
- Establishes and maintains Americas systems, procedures and financial controls as it relates to Supply Chain programs.
- Proactively develops, monitors, and controls key initiatives, appropriate budgets, forecasts, measures of success, etc. to achieve required goals.
- Actively communicates with and constructively works across necessary departments, countries and trading blocs to achieve required goals.
- Partners with Innovation, Marketing, Sales, Finance and other teams as appropriate to properly plan and support SKU life-cycle management, line extensions and new product opportunities to ensure sales and EBITDA growth in accordance with objectives and processes.
- Consults with all other functions as necessary to gain information and insight, build successful working relationships, as well as achieve results that are aligned with corporate and functional objectives, including EBITDA goals.
- Support corporate acquisition efforts as needed from preliminary analysis through actual acquisition and integration.
- Actively advances WD-40 Company’s ESG program leading on Operational aspects of the program.
- Demonstrates servant leadership in the attainment of corporate, department and personal goals through developing and leading a highly effective team.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Minimum 15 - 20 years progressive supply chain management experience with 7 - 10 years successfully leading supply chain teams.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills along with successful strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Multiple trade channel experience required with consumer package goods.
- Successful team building and mentoring experience.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in supporting marketing, sales, finance, IT, innovation/new product development processes, and project development.
- Strong data analytical skills; ability to consume and interpret data to come make sound business conclusions.
- Experience in e-commerce logistics, manufacturing or leading outsourced services a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain, Finance or Engineering preferred.) MSEL or MBA preferred
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!