Vice President, Americas Finance & Accounting
- Category: Finance
- Country: United States
If you are servant leader with strategic mindset and a very hands on analytical approach that thrives in a fast paced and collaboration environment, please consider joining our tribe.
What You'll Be Doing
This position is responsible for the vision, leadership, goals, strategy and reporting integrity as it relates to the Finance and Accounting functions of the Americas trading bloc.This person is a thought partner and business advisor to the Americas management for strategic planning and business performance improvement, accountable for providing strategic and operational leadership in the functions included.
- Acts as a senior level financial and business advisor to the President and the senior management team of the Americas, in both strategic and operational matters.
- Jointly owns the achievement and improvement of the core operating metrics, gross margin, cost of doing business and divisional EBITDA, via partnering with Americas leadership team. Identifies opportunities to improve financial and operating performance of the Americas through methodical and ongoing analysis, in collaboration with functional leaders.
- Leadership and oversight of the Americas annual operating plan and budgeting efforts that result in annual objectives and performance targets; works with functional leaders and the President of the Americas to complete the necessary plans in conjunction with the corporate-wide schedule and targets.
- Actively participates with the President and America’s senior management in the development, review and execution of the Americas 5-year strategic plan, budgets and forecasts with direct responsibility for financial business partnership with senior leaders for accomplishing required financial planning, analysis, reporting, and provision of meaningful insights, scenario modeling, opportunity and investment assessments, and operational performance.
- Leads the accounting function for all offices within the Americas trading bloc. Responsible for ensuring that all accounting and reporting is accurate and complete and that it is compliant with regulations, company requirements, global accounting policies and applicable accounting standards, such as local and U.S. GAAP, IFRS and regional requirements as appropriate. Also responsible for ensuring that all intercompany transactions are accounted for appropriately and eliminated in the Americas consolidated financial statements.
- Acts as a financial and accounting advisor to other Americas functional groups and office locations when new or unusual business transactions or situations arise, including the implementation of new legal entity and branch offices within the Americas trading bloc; coordinates with corporate accounting, tax and audit groups on behalf of the trading bloc, to obtain necessary information to do so. Responsible for oversight of the Americas financial reporting and consolidation to corporate accounting and FP&A.
- Develops a long-term vision and plan to drive financial digital innovation/transformation to meet the goals of the Americas business. This includes system, and process improvements and efficiencies around planning, monthly/quarterly accounting and reporting for the Americas trade bloc.
- Performs and directs analysis on potential Americas investment opportunities including new products, pursuit of new distribution channels, acquisitions/divestures, contractual relationships (e.g. suppliers, licensors, designers) etc.
- Actively communicates with and constructively works across necessary departments, countries and trading blocs to achieve company and financial goals, through collaboration with global finance leadership council (FLC) and global leadership council (GLC).
- Reviews material departmental contracts and commitments to ensure the economics envisioned in the relationship are as required and expected to create mutually positive results, especially from the finance and accounting perspective.
- Oversees efficient execution, analysis and revision of the SOX controls in collaboration with corporate accounting and internal audit business partners. Executes timely and accurately all SOX controls assigned to this position.
- Demonstrates servant leadership in the attainment of corporate, department and personal goals through developing and leading a highly effective team. Live the Company’s stated Values and Code of Conduct that others can emulate. Provide ongoing coaching/training, experiential learning, and talent development plans to optimize performance outcomes, growth, and engagement. Identify and provide necessary resources and information to overcome barriers to success and accomplish goals.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s in accounting or finance, Master’s degree in business, accounting or finance preferred
- Professional coursework and/or college level coursework in leadership and/or human behavior
- Ongoing professional development in statistics, scenario and predictive modeling
- Three or more years as a public accountant or equivalent role at a public company
- 15+ years in a role that required financial planning, analysis and advice for a full operating company with revenue of $100M or more, including international activities in at least two other countries, in consumer products
- Financial leader at a consumer products company with expert finance interactions in supply chain, marketing, sales and innovation functions across multiple trade channels
- Experience as an expert business partner with top level leaders in similar business size and complexity
- Experience in a company that has industrial, trade and retail channels a plus
- Experience in an environment of out-sourced manufacturing and warehousing, a plus
- Experience in companies that hold intangible intellectual property as well as intangibles (e.g., brands, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, etc.) a plus
- 10+ plus years leading direct reports preferred
- Current or inactive CPA a plus but not required
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our "why" is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching, and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products, and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our "why" this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of January 2020 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We've Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, 401K match, short day Fridays; and much more!
Do You Align with Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!