Retail Merchandiser (The Home Depot)
- Category: Sales
- Country: United States
- Location: Remote (Los Angeles or Orange County)
Do you love spending time in Home Depot walking the aisle and talking with passionate technical trades experts about how to get the job done right? Do you enjoy upselling and maximizing brand display and placement opportunities? Do you enjoy creating and maximizing your own schedule? If so, oh boy do we have an incredible role for you.
We're in search of an energetic and self motivated Sales Merchandiser based in the Los Angeles or Orange County area who enjoys developing meaningful, long-lasting relationships and having fun while merchandising and championing sales of one of the world's most identifiable brands, WD-40® Multi-Use Product, and a wide range of WD-40 Company products in The Home Depot stores.
What You'll Be Doing
You will navigate your territory throughout Los Angeles, Orange County and down to beautiful San Diego in your new company car. The role is responsible for the implementation of company approved merchandising within The Home Depot with an emphasis on selling incremental displays.
- Sell and merchandise all authorized WD-40 Company products by securing incremental off-shelf displays, correcting out of stocks, replace missing product tags, removing and repairing damaged items, and maximize in aisle shelf space. Ensure that distribution and department plan-o-grams at all assigned customers are maintained and enhanced to meet EBITDA goals.
- Utilize all available display vehicles such as stack displays, end caps, shelf strips, and clip strips to assist in the attainment of customer sales and profit goals. Assemble fixtures and in-store displays. Provide up-to-date information on any new competitive activity/ information identified in-store.
- Create and deliver insights-led sales presentations to Home Depot field representatives (Store Manager to Regional Merchandising Manager).
- Support National Account Managers in the execution of national Home Depot programs.
- Sell promotional opportunities to the spectrum of Home Depot field Management (Store Manager to RMM) to implement single-store to multi-store promotions.
- Utilize POS data to ensure adequate inventory and promotional and incremental opportunities.
- Distribution of approved items and execution of department plan-o-grams at all assigned customers within guidelines. Proactively identify and execute merchandising improvements, where possible.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all key in-store Home Depot store leaders. Partner with store employees to place (re)orders through the typical process of ordering. Provide product education and support to promotional events when needed.
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Big box sale/merchandising with an average of 5 or more stores a day, preferably within Home Depot stores
- 2+ years of retail merchandising
- 2+ years of sales merchandising
- Ability to travel 70% daily and overnight 30%
- Current and valid driver's license with no violations is required – company car provided
- Education: GED or equivalent
- Ability to frequently move and climb ladders up to 12" tall, work at height and carry boxed product down the ladder, lift up to 40 pounds, push/pull up to 75lbs, bend, stoop, walk for long periods around the store, squat, construct displays, and merchandise small items repetitively and unaided. Drive up to 100 miles per day. Willingness and ability to be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity including indoor/outdoor working conditions.
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our "why" is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching, and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products, and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our "why" this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of January 2020 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We've Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, 401K match, short day Fridays; and much more!
Do You Align with Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!