Production/Manufacturing Materials Manager (Wisconsin)
- Category: Supply Chain
- Country: United States
- Location: Production Plant in Edgerton Wisconsin
Snapshot of What We’re Looking For
This is a role where problem-solving is encouraged, and there are opportunities to do so daily. The business is large enough to have the problems of scale and yet small enough to see most of the moving parts. We are building an Americas supply chain team to refine and improve our business and deliver on our aggressive growth plans.
We are seeking a passionate, solution-orientated Materials Manager to work on-site at one of our partner’s production facilities in Wisconsin. This person will manage the day-to-day operations of the WD-40 Company supply chain requirements to enable the delivery of the Americas EBIDTA and service objectives for assigned regions in the Americas. Increase the value of Materials Planning to the Americas organization by developing effective replenishment strategies, continuous improvement, management & control of key operating metrics, and the development of suppliers by applying commercially focused, constructive, and collaborative leadership.
If you are someone who wants to simply operate the business, this may not be the role for you. If you are someone who has an analytical curiosity and is passionate about making it better every day with a group of similarly minded people, this could be the dream role for you.
This position is for a fixed-term with an estimated end date of August 2022.
What You’ll Be Doing
- MATERIALS, INVENTORY & PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT – Manage dedicated production lines for finished goods and inventory of raw materials at 3rd party supplier
- SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT – Manages the performance of suppliers concerning materials planning & fulfillment.
- LEADERSHIP – Demonstrate servant leadership in the attainment of corporate, department and personal goals through developing and leading a highly effective team. Live the Company’s stated Values and Code of Conduct that others can emulate. Provide ongoing coaching/training, experiential learning, and talent development plans to optimize performance outcomes, growth, and engagement.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- 5-10 years of experience in supply chain management related to manufacturing production and component pipelines.
- Strong background in Materials Management or Manufacturing Operations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or another analytical discipline. Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Professional certification from APICs or similar professional associations preferred.
- Demonstrated fluency in supply chain theory with an emphasis on inventory/supply planning theory and the ability to apply knowledge to unique problems and situations (primarily in a “Make to Stock Environment”).
- Demonstrated ability to segment supply chain data & apply appropriate and effective system-based policies, and develop analytically based controls to achieve defined production objectives and improve supply planning outcomes.
- Experience forecasting in a systems-based environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values.
Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Please visit us online to complete an application http://www.wd40company.com/about/careers/
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!