Senior IT Project Manager & Business Analyst
- Category: I.T.
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego - Hybrid
We are seeking a self-initiated, process-driven, and results-oriented Senior Project Manager & Business Analyst who’s looking to make a positive impact. This person will serve as an IT “trusted advisor” to mainly Accounting, Finance and Operations team leaders. While representing IT as the key point of contact you will have the opportunity to promote IT enterprise solutions and services such as ERP and other systems that drive productivity. You will effectively deliver projects with quality and to expectations aligned to stakeholder desired outcomes. In addition, the person in this role is expected to identify opportunities for improvement within the Project and Portfolio Management Team; frequently taking lead on items impacting the entire group or throughout IT.
This role offers the flexibility of working in office or a hybrid schedule.
If you are a collaborative and innovative leader with the ability to align key business stakeholders and objectives, please consider joining our tribe!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Takes initiative to develop process improvements and facilitates appropriate discussions to ensure successful buy-in and adoption
- Identifies the need for new project, analyst or partnership programs components and develops proposals to gain acceptance from key stakeholders
- Responsible for leading the successful completion and coordination of the Americas/Asia Pac IT programs and projects in-sync with company strategy. Manages projects horizontally and ensures that cross-project work remains feasible from business standpoint.
- Interprets customer business needs and translates them into application and/or operational requirements or stories to be managed. Appropriately chooses project management methodology to match the need of project
- Analyzes and recommends the strategic selection, prioritization, and sequencing of projects
- Effectively and consistently plans and defines project scope without the need for input from Manager, IT PPM including identifying and determining project outcomes, critical success pathways, and appropriate parameters including projected budget and initial risk assessment.
- Ensures the disciplined application of standards and procedures across projects within all projects.
- Conducts cost--benefit analysis that appropriately articulates and quantifies the value to be delivered by a request which will be used in filtering and prioritization activities.
- Within the context of project execution, plays the Scrum Master or Project Manager role by facilitating all appropriate meetings including those geared toward work estimation, work assignment, opportunities for improvement and ultimately ensuring team success in its efforts to deliver to desired outcomes
- Critically evaluates technical, cost and business information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ensures all solutions support compliance and security requirements as they are being evaluated, designed, developed, and deployed
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Defines and tracks appropriate metrics to communicate and measure project or work-related performance for project team, stakeholders, and sponsors
- Tracks project-related expenses to an overall budget
- Develops and performs testing of varying levels of complexity to ensure solutions match desired outcomes and are free of unapproved defects
- Facilitates seeking solutions that improve EBITDA by helping to reduce operating expenses, improving revenue, or reducing risk through appropriate automation and process improvement
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- 7+ years Scrum Master/Project Manager experience
- 5+ years ERP experience
- 5+ years as a Business Analyst
- 5+ of professional end user support of corporate or enterprise level systems
- 3+ years as a Business Partner
- 2+ in a Quality Assurance role
- Preferred certifications: Scrum Master, PMP, Business Analyst (IIBA)
We’ve got you covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provides you protection, security, and peace of mind. We offer life-enhancing health, wellness, and financial programs, including profit sharing, annual cash incentive rewards, tuition reimbursement, and 401K match. In addition, we want you to recharge and take time off, so enjoy short-day Fridays, vacation time, paid holidays, and an additional paid week off between Christmas and the new year to spend with family and friends!
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 91% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories