Marketing Coordinator, 12-month Temp Position
- Category: Marketing
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego
We are seeking an experienced Marketing Coordinator to provide administrative support with a focus on coordinating primary and secondary artwork for all brands, ensuring budgets are updated and accurate, organizing and auditing marketing assets, and coordinating internal results tracking. The person in this role will enhance the marketing and innovation team’s operational efficiency and effectiveness, improve our ability to collaborate, and mitigate risk by ensuring proper organization and accuracy.
If you are a motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented project coordinator who’s eager to make an impact, please consider applying for this role.
What You’ll Be Doing
Documentation Support – Primary & Secondary Artwork & Assets
Oversees the coordination of artwork approval and relevant documentation for primary and secondary artwork of all brands in the U.S.
- Serves as liaison between Marketing and Quality departments on artwork
- Coordinates with suppliers to get new engraving numbers and fill in spec sheets
- Coordinates with agency partners to share and update working files, and upload art to FTP sites
- Routes artwork for internal approvals from R&D, Regulatory & Legal, and through Master Control
- Ensures active files are accurate, updated and archived as required, per established company policy and procedures
- Conducts audits of files, implementing corrections as needed
Marketing Operations Support
Proactively develops, monitors, and ensures updates and accuracy of A&P budget templates, including collaboration with various channel owner experts and Finance, as needed.
- Proactively develops, monitors, and manages Marketing department budget & forecasts, including collaboration with the VP of MIT and Finance, as needed.
- Responsible for marketing asset management across all brands that includes auditing current assets (Global Brand Center and SharePoint), managing the organization of materials, ensuring assets are collected from agency partners, making content easily discoverable, and updating internal stakeholders and external agencies when content is available.
- Responsible for ensuring marketing tracker is updated on-time and accurately through coordination of internal and external stakeholders for timely reporting.
- Manages the coordination and management of monthly, quarterly, and annual internal updates that include the following reports:
- Monthly Business Review (MBR): Coordinates inputs from relevant teams to ensure timely updating of content.
- Quarterly Scorecards: Coordinates inputs from relevant teams to ensure timely updating of content.
- Lessons Learned/Program Recaps: Coordinates input from relevant teams to ensure we inform and educate on marketing program results and learnings.
- Manages, updates, and publishes a fiscal marketing and innovation calendar that includes key dates and deliverables due. Includes essential timelines of deliverables required for brand, promotional and channel planning. Provides department wide planning process and optimization recommendations.
- Works with Exchange team to manage design and execution of multi-brand and channel collateral/content/asset development in the creation with agency partners. Partners with internal stakeholders to build creative brief and obtain approvals; ensures items are added to Literature and Sample Order (LSO) forms.
- Serves as a liaison with the Bill of Materials Conversion/Update (BCU), Non-Compliance Report (NCR) and Memorandum of Change (MOC) teams, helping ensure issues are communicated back to relevant teams.
- Serves as Marketing’s contract advocate – responsible for administering contracts and documents through internal systems, helping ensure timely uploading, good organization and legal compliance.
- Maintains technical data sheets for Brand Toolkits. Ensures accuracy and consistency of data.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
- Formal education or knowledge equivalent to an Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, project management, communications or related field preferred
- 3-5+ years of relevant marketing work experience
- Experience in managing complex timelines and multiple projects across diverse functions
- Experience with budget management
- Experience working with and influencing teams, cross functionally and with external partners
At WD-40 Company, we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our "why" is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do.
Why You Should Apply
- Learning-based culture that supports the growth and development of all tribe members
- Strong values aligned culture whose #1 strategic driver is to build a business for the future that we will be proud to hand down to the next generation
- Over 93.3% employee engagement as of January 2022 global employee survey
- A culture where 93% of the tribe report experience a sense of belonging
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories