- Category: Quality
- Country: United States
- Location: Remote
We are looking for a self lead and out-of the box Quality Engineer to lead our product testing, supplier audits and procedures in order to achieve high quality standards. In this role, you will advise partners on regulatory compliance and quality management related topics. You should be familiar with various inspection techniques and be able to act as an auditor for all of our internal systems identifying issues and recommending solutions.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You'll Be Doing
- Responsible technical support, problem solving and task completion across any quality essential functions focused on, to include but not limited to:
- BOM/Doc Control – ensures necessary information required for production is current and accurate in the QMS. Responsible for identification and escalation of discrepancies. Reviews, revises and creates new documents as a result of supplier audits, supplier production changes, NCR determinations, new product introductions, etc.
- Change Management – researches required/suggested changes, conducts risk assessment(s), provides a recommendation, and presents management of change (MOC) documentation. Performs validation, as needed, to ensure changes occurred, are effective, and sustained. Collects data, as required to qualify and quantify loss incurred or risk mitigated.
- NCR/MRB –supports the resolution of routine NCR/MRBs.
- Regulatory - Responsible for understanding how the applicable regulatory frameworks translate into QA systems, methods and “mandatories”, to comply with regulatory guidelines, company policy and sound manufacturing methods. Applies the regulatory frameworks to the functions of the position as necessary and applicable. Interprets regulations to inform QA activities and methods and ensures all required or recommended regulatory changes are executed.
- Filler & Supplier Management – monitors supplier quality performance through compliance to specifications, waivers, and protocols based on all relevant scorecards. Ensures that filler and supplier testing standards, procedures and equipment provide reliable and consistent results and practices. Provides support in the delivery of best practices to manufacturing. Coordinates production trial runs and supplier evaluations. Documents supplier/filler approval.
- Quality Systems Engineering – partners with internal teams in support of quality design and application of Quality tools.
- Strategy – provides positive influence to the organization’s ability to learn, understand, and apply the Quality systems, methodologies and principles. 2Designs project parameters, research and resourcing plans for projects less than 12-months, applying relevant scientific knowledge; includes composing budgets, identifying milestones and decision points, contingency plans, and timelines.Employs established methods, tools and procedures in the execution of essential functions.
- Maintains strong working relationships with all parties involved in carrying out the assigned responsibilities.
- Participates in Quality reviews of projects and programs, providing updates and information as appropriate.
- Responsible for self-education and initiating development activities towards improving skills, efficiencies and contributions; responsible for finding the subject-matter expert who is required for guidance and support of accomplishing goals.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You'll Bring to the Role
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, chemical engineering, physical sciences or engineering.
- Specific coursework or training in Quality Assurance methods and principles.
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience performing the same or similar tasks and duties of this position, for a time period sufficient to indicate the ability to work with only general guidance while accomplishing objectives as required.
- Prefer prior aerosol experience, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods. Chemistry, highly desirable.
- Experience with data based statistical analysis
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values. Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2019 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search! #WD40TribalLife #PositiveLastingMemories