Data Insights Manager
- Category: Sales
- Country: United States
- Location: San Diego
Would you like to support one of the world's most iconic brands? This role works across our US sales, marketing, and supply chain teams to connect the dots and provide meaningful data informed insights to guide leadership and strategic account decision making. Data talks and we rely heavily on our data experts to get the job done right.
The successful candidate will have an inspiring passion for all things data and data informed behaviors. With your collaboration and data informed insights, we will better understand consumer behavior to ensure we are able to build promotional and marketing programs to increase our sales velocity. If this sounds like a fun and challenging opportunity, we would love to hear from you and have the opportunity to answer your questions!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Triangulates and analyzes multivariate data to make generate insights and strategic recommendations on market development, sales promotion, and distribution programs in the US
- Develop and lead accurate and actionable sales reporting, data visualization, modeling and analyses in support of specific sales strategies and trade initiatives across multiple channels.
- Responsible for the development and leadership of ROI analytics and insights related to customer specific (WD-40 & Customer POV) strategies and goals.
- Lead and manage multi-year analytics projects as well as current year program optimization analysis.
- Provides accurate and timely communication and follow-up with all applicable departments and functional areas.
- Evaluate competitor pricing strategies and analyze impact to WD-40 brands, developing recommendations to address business impacts. Within prioritized accounts, develops and owns product portfolio and geo mix analysis (including SKU profitability) to identify category growth opportunities and gaps.
- Model behavior in accordance with corporate vision, mission and values
- Coach and lead other team members
What You’ll Bring To The Role
What You’ll Bring to the Role
- Minimum of 5-7 years proven and progressive experience conducting business analytics across multiple sales channels, including e-commerce.
- Previous P&L and Consumer Business experience along with a thorough understanding of forecasting techniques.
- Experience leveraging qualitative and quantitative research data
- Strong knowledge of sales fundamentals and the purpose of trade investments.
- Experience with Python, Power BI or similar system and experience with syndicated data through either IRI data, Nielsen data or Kantar data
- Demonstrated ability to influence across all levels of the organization.
- Experience with e-Commerce data, trending and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business: emphasis on sales and/or marketing, Computer Science or related field required
- MBA or related MS degree in Data Science highly desirable
At WD-40 Company we believe that purpose-driven, passionate people guided by our values create amazing outcomes. Our “why” is refreshingly simple - we exist to create positive lasting memories in everything we do. We solve problems. We make things work smoothly. We create opportunities. How we achieve our “why” is by cultivating a tribal culture through learning, teaching and living our values. Since 1953, our formulation remains a secret. It is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and brands is what distinguishes us. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we seek best-in-class talent.
Why You Should Apply
- If you believe in our “why” this is the place for you
- Over 93% employee engagement as of February 2018 global employee survey
- Publicly traded company headquartered in San Diego, California since 1953
- Voted Most Democratic Workplace and certified WorldBlu Freedom Centered Workplace
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
We’ve Got You Covered
Our competitive and comprehensive benefits package provide you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; profit sharing, annual cash incentive reward potential for everyone, tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, short day Fridays and much more!
Do You Align With Our Values?
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!